Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This position can be located in: Fargo, Sioux Falls, or Minneapolis.
A Sports Advertising Sales Strategist will drive sports advertising revenue through assisting with sports inventory, sponsorship and pricing management, resourceful team communication and training, sales development focused on education around the benefit of sports, client meetings in support of sales and fostering affiliate relationships.
- Understand current industry trends and market demands
- Develop short and long term revenue targets and objectives
- Lead sports pricing recommendations and inventory management strategies
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting advertising revenue
- Measure and report results; produce accurate and timely reports and analysis, and interpret competitive information for strategic planning
- Develop and cultivate advanced sports sales options to generate new revenue opportunities, sponsorships, and assets and retain existing customers.
- Provide regular communication of sports product knowledge and offerings across teams as an on-going expert in this field
- Convey genuine sports enthusiasm and understanding to sales consultants and clients through daily interaction
- Provide hands on training to sales consultants around the benefits of sports and approach with clients
- Support client meetings with Advertising Consultants and help facilitate effective client sports oriented marketing and media plans through television and digital advertising solutions
- Assist sales consultants in prospecting corporate sponsors
- Assist in developing sponsorship collateral and communications driven to successfully close negotiations
- Serve as a department liaison collaborating on strategic plans
- Support strategic business plans to achieve and exceed sales quotas
- Maintain current and foster new Midco SN Affiliate relationships
- Support marketing events, trade shows, industry events and VIP hospitality events as needed
- Assist in developing training modules as needed
- Develop and implement best practices that contribute to improved performance and overall success through leading by example and modeling the Midco Trailblazer core values
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing clients within the department and within the community
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated and detail oriented approach toward work and all work projects
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgement
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Mass Communications or related field equivalent required
- Eight to ten years of sales experience required
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal skills, and planning and organizational skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer’s place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc. and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.