The Grant Writer is responsible for effectively writing grant proposals and reports for current and prospective foundation, government, private and corporate supporters. The Grant Writer submits compelling funding requests and timely and accurate grant reports. As part of the Development Team, the Grant Writer assists with writing and additional fundraising functions as needed.
- Effectively write concept papers, letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports for current and prospective foundation, government, private and corporate supporters.
- Write concise, articulate and compelling funding narratives and requests.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate new funding opportunities.
- Manage grant calendar while ensuring efficient internal processes are followed to meet funding request and report deadlines.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by funders.
- Collaborate with team to prioritize funding needs and develop grant budgets.
- Maintain grant writing files and records appropriately.
- Work with Development Team to write and edit agency materials as needed.
- Assist with additional fundraising projects as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of YWCA Cass Clay’s programs and services.
- Participate in YWCA committees and events as appropriate.
- Keep confidential information regarding clients, donors, members, volunteers, and staff.
- Schedule requires flexibility. Must be able to work when funding deadlines necessitate.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Bachelor’s degree required. English, Journalism, Communications, or similar area preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience grant writing.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs; ability to generate reports and mail merge.
- Meets all background check requirements.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. While performing the responsibilities for this position, the employee is required to sit continually. They are required to stand, walk, climb stairs, climb, twist at the waist, bend, push, carry, squat, kneel, stoop, crouch, reach overhead, and drive occasionally. Employee performs static motions such as standing in place occasionally, sit and desk continually. This employee will perform repetitive motions such as keying, data entry frequently, wrist motion continually, and reaching above shoulders occasionally. They are also required to lift up to 20 lbs. from shoulder height to overhead, carry, push, and pull up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
The description above provides the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.