Provide network and product technical guidance and expertise through the customer pre-sales cycle by supporting and collaborating with the Sales Consultant during customer engagements. Analyze the technical needs and requirements of business customers and develop a strategy to meet the needs of the customer through engineering solution design. Responsible for gathering the customer technical requirements through discovery methodology, provide solution consulting, solution design, customer preparation support, and technical presentations. The primary focus will be IP network and product technical solutions for small and medium business customers, including some multi-dwelling solutions.
- Serve as the Sales Consultant’s technical point of contact by acting as a liaison between them and internal engineering/technical departments, facilitating the flow of information between all parties.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for the customer and the Sales team on the various Midco network elements, functions, products, features, and benefits associated with Small/Medium Business and MDU customers.
- Collaborate with Midco customers, Sales teams, and Network Engineering teams to provide accurate Midco network and product recommendations to customers.
- Document customer interactions promptly, according to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Work efficiently and effectively with Midco team members on design and accurate cost estimates to deliver and provide product and solution recommendations.
- Provide network and product technical support and recommendations to the sales team through accurate, thorough and professional communication.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to confidently communicate the attributes of the Midco network from various product and solution design perspectives.
- Present, communicate efficiently and effectively, technical information to clients,team members, and vendors through a variety of forms, methods, and styles.
- Work efficiently and effectively with all application system software and associated communication tools, workflow, processes, products, and network tools that are involved with the responsibilities of the position.
- Communicate accurately, effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Ensure design documentation accurately reflects the customer request, and the recommended Midco product(s) or solution(s).
- Provide assistance and training to other team members as needed.
- Assist with special projects as required by performing duties such as creating, editing, and proof-reading documents, conducting research, soliciting feedback from others, or other duties as assigned.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate across boundaries by working effectively across all Midco teams to achieve success, helping to build a foundation for an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Think strategically through maintaining a holistic and long-term perspective, identifying root causes of problems and anticipating unexpected outcomes.
- Exercise innovative thinking through modeling curiosity and encouraging creativity to keep customers and team members engaged.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that builds positive relationships with the client, team members, and leadership
- Utilize the systems and tools to execute essential functions and maintain a general understanding of sales activity.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality to all of your work and interactions.
- Demonstrate courage through a willingness to take a stand and tackle the tough issues.
- Practice agility by modeling flexibility, resiliency and change management.
- Build talent by making the search and development of new and existing team members a priority and investing personally in others’ development.
- Exhibit excellent business acumen by pursuing and supporting Midco’s growth and using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Execute on assigned strategic initiatives or other projects through communicating clear expectations that set a high bar, verifying understanding of expectations and holding self and others accountable for results.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s degree in Technical related field or equilivant work experience.
- 1-3 years of working experience with IP Networks, Optical Transport Network, Voice, and Video services and delivery methods is required
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio required
- Functional knowledge of OSI layer 2-3 network technology and implementation along with an understanding of Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards preferred
- Knowledge of network access through the use of Optical network, DOCSIS, and wireless service delivery methods preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Employees may be required to work more than 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Ability to travel to visit prospective and current customers up to 20% of working hours.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)