Analyze the technical needs of business customers and develop a strategy to meet those needs through engineering design. Subject matter expert for all technical aspects of the sales process. Responsible for requirements discovery, solution consulting, solution design, proposal preparation support, and technical presentations to customers.
- Partner with Sales and other technical teams to: understand customer requirements, ensure serviceability, design solutions, write technical specifications, and develop proposals.
- Accurately process and prepare requests for Good Faith Estimates and Design Layout Records.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to the sales team; thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to present to co-workers, customers, and vendors through a variety of mediums (in-person, telephone, email, and video conference).
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Monitor continuity of communication regarding service details from inquiry through fulfillment to ensure customer needs are met.
- Participate in new product development projects; as appropriate, relay requests and requirements of customers, provide technical feedback and/or manage the completion of key deliverables.
- Assist Sales, Sales Support, and Marketing in the development of customer presentation materials.
- Leverage and maintain customer information within CRM and other corporate systems in support of the sales process.
- Provide ongoing support of product training for sales and support personnel.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports.
- Special project assignments as required.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor new hires.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Midco's services as well as competitive offerings.
- Identify problems and possible solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve complex, less clearly defined issues.
- Articulate technical specifications as well as service value proposition to both non-technical and technical users.
- Build relationships with customers as a trusted advisor and present to them the benefits of the appropriate solution.
- Hold knowledge of sales cycle; able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the business and internal processes and procedures.
- Exercise innovative thinking through modeling curiosity and encouraging creativity to keep customers and team members engaged.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that builds positive relationships with the client, team members, and leadership.
- Utilize the systems and tools to execute essential functions and maintain a general understanding of sales activity.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality to all of your work and interactions.
- Demonstrate courage through a willingness to take a stand and tackle the tough issues.
- Practice agility by modeling flexibility, resiliency and change management.
- Build talent by making the search and development of new and existing team members a priority and investing personally in others’ development.
- Exhibit excellent business acumen by pursuing and supporting Midco’s growth and using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Execute on assigned strategic initiatives or other projects through communicating clear expectations that set a high bar, verifying understanding of expectations and holding self and others accountable for results.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience required.
- CCNP/CCDP/CCIE, SCTE IPEP, MEF-CECP certification preferred.
- 7 Years related experience required.
- Experience in the following is preferred: PRI, POTS, Hosted Phone, SIP Trunks, Internet with BGP PE-CE (linear or multi-homed), MPLS layer 3 VPN, PE-CE QoS, and PE-CE routing protocols
- Layer 2 OVC, EPL, EVPL, EP-LAN, EVP-LAN, DOCSIS, Fiber-Channel, Optical Carrier (OC-x), Wavelength services
- Experience in the following: Fiber optic service delivery, including multiplexing, RFoG, and PON, Data Center colocation, hosting, and service chaining, managing router and security (firewall, IDS, IPS) services, GMPLS transport technology, and MPLS Traffic Engineering is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Ability to travel to visit prospective and current customers.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.